January 04, 2012

你什麼人?



D#1: ey, Gun. sorry to ask a... you are Malay ah?

me: ya lo. why ask?

D#1: no la. the way you talk a... people might mistaken you as a Chinese.

me: hahah! i got this (dark) skin how people will say i am Chinese. 

...

some other people: are you chinese? or are you indian?

me: i am Malay.

some other people: but you are speaking manglish.

aku: hahaha. i work with people who speaks manglish for quite some time.

...

from here

TV ppl: boleh cakap melayu kan? (you can speak in Malay right?) 

me: (brain wants to answer: what the fuck?) boleh... [(yes, i) can]

...

police: awak melayu kan? (you are a Malay right?)

aku: (=.=)

...........................

tajuk entry yang aku jadikan soalan itu juga di tanya oleh salah seorang yang aku pernah buang dari rxt. dia tanya aku soalan di atas just because aku boleh cakap a lil' tiny bit of mandarin. 

aku jawab: malay.

hmmm...

hmmm...

when i am in my office or when i go to meet my client or talking in the phone with them, i speak manglish. 

at home, with my parents & brothers or relative, i speak proper English and Bahasa Melayu.

yes, my Bahasa Melayu will be mixed with some dialect.

but i cant bring myself to speak proper English & Bahasa Melayu at office.   

and i cant bring myself to speak manglish at home.

i myself dont know why. 

do you understand what i am trying to tell you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment