August 29, 2013

Lies ~ 5: Nothing



Dr. John Gray, author of Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus, best sums it up: “Men have their own caves on which the sign states “Please do not disturb.” Men like to retreat into their own world where they feel they are in control. 

Women also have caves but the sign on their caves is “I need to talk”. When a man asks a woman what’s wrong and she says “Nothing” it really means “Nothing, unless you care to listen and give me an opportunity to talk.” Of course, there is also the dangerous side of “nothing”. 

Do you remember Homer Simpson’s words of wisdom? When a woman says nothing’s wrong that means everything’s wrong. The “Nothing Syndrome” is the calm before the avalanche of complaints. 

...

last thursday, almost everyone noticed that something is wrong with me: i looked tired.

it was the day after i went for a training at the university. 

actually there are things that happened during the training which made me felt really stressed;

and i am needed to be at KLCC for COSH 2013 on saturday, sunday & monday.

on the monday afternoon i need to depart to terengganu to teach there for 3 days.

i already felt tired thinking of the days to come.

as for terengganu this time, they send 4 person including me.

why do they need to send 4 person while 3 person is enough? 

they said that they need the other person to "learn from me" on how to conduct the training.

well, when they sent me for the first time, did i "learn from somebody else"?

FUCK NO!

i dont want to be pushed of the cliff, so i jump.

they forced me to jump!

why treat me differently?

so... i went almost fully in silent mode on that day. 

some of my colleagues whom always like to be funny with me tried to be funny;

but i can just respond with an unwilling smile.

my boss called me to her office to discuss about something and she asked: "why do you look so tired? did you get enough sleep?"

i told her i am sleeping okay.

a new colleague asked why do i look like i am not in a good mood and again, i responded with an unwilling smile.

yes on the manly side of me, i need space and time for myself so that my anger wont be erupted. 

and on the womanly side of me, i will not talk if they are not listening and not going to take action and suddenly find a way to say that "Gun, you are a good bla bla bla. but you must understand that not everyone is like you."

because i tried to talk to our training coordinator before i went to my boss' office.

she kept saying that there is nothing that she can do.

so what is the point of telling what is wrong if they can do nothing about it and keep saying that you are different from the others?

later that day, my boss came to my desk just because.

she asked me again: "gun, are you okay? if you didnt get enough sleep you should go for a massage. it helps a lot."

once again i told her;


and i have nothing to say.

i am still in terengganu now. 

i will be coming back to klang valley this late afternoon.

sigh~

No comments:

Post a Comment