March 14, 2014

Mein Name Ist ~ 5: Takashi / 喬士


Murakami Takashi (村上 隆)

i has been more than 3 years that i havent being called by my nick name Gun.

and it really has been many years since i havent being called by my other nicknames.

in Islam, it is important for us to choose names carefully so that we wouldnt end up having a bad name; as each time be are being called by our name, it will become a 'doa'; which means prayer. we believe that each time someone is being called as a 'jerk', he or she will eventually becomes a real 'jerk'.

recently there are so many around me who have the same name as i do. i hated that when i heard my name being called, it is not me that these people wanted. but it is the other person with the same name as i do; either in office, or when i am together with the Waterfalls dudes.

the last time i went for an adventure to the waterfalls is about a month ago. i get to have a Muslim office mate to come with me and i reminded her that do not be surprised if these people called me Takashi. then she asked,"is there a meaning of that name?"

*inhale, exhale~*

i suddenly get the idea Takashi when i was panicking about a shooting some years ago; and i have come to like that name that even if i am motivating myself, my mind would go like "you can do this, Takashi! ganbarimasu!"

i knew that there are many ways to write Takashi in Kanji; which can bring different meaning even though the pronunciation is the same. so i began to look for the meaning of Takashi and i choose 喬士 ; which means 'high, boasting, samurai, gentlemen'.

well, my real name is used predominantly in Italy, Spain, France, Russia, Iran, and some Arab countries. its origins are in the Slavic languages. it is also a common, unrelated Arabic name. it can mean 'hope', 'tender' or 'delicate'.

it is not that i am hopeless that i like the name Takashi more than my real name. it is just that i am not as 'tender' and as 'delicate' as described by my name. i am more of a 喬士.

and i am glad that my new nickname is no longer a kind of name with no meaning. i think... 喬士 is way better than Koya, Ehus, Adik, Pink Samurai, Kun, Gun, V-kei, Kei, Ruki, Hyde or whatever it is.

and from now on, i am not going to use Gun anymore. so can we start over?

初めまして、私 は 喬士 です。 よろしくお願いします。

want to read another story about names? click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment